Wearing: C/meo Collective All Of The Lights Wrap Skirt c/o BNKR, Storets Off The Shoulder Top (shop similar here, here, and here), Mode Collective Sandals c/o Mode Collective (shop alternatives here, here, and here), Cluse Watch c/o Cluse Watches, Céline Sunglasses c/o SmartBuyGlasses, and a J.W. Anderson Bag
Shop The Look:
If you’re thinking about how to wear a wrap skirt, or even better yet: how to transition a wrap skirt from summer to fall, there are a few tricks you can follow:
- Layer them on top of a midi shirt dress, tunic, or slip dress. While on summer you can wear them with off the shoulder tops and button down shirts, in fall you can wear layer them on top of dresses and knits. How about layering a mesh dress below? I’d definitely love to wear that next season.
- Different season, different shoes. Swap your sandals for sock ankle boots, sneakers, or over the knee boots.
- Add a third piece. Do you plan to go on wearing sandals? No problem: Simply throw on a leather jacket, trenchcoat or duster coat. Transitioning is all about you being able to go on wearing your summer pieces, but pairing them with colder weather ones. Is it too cold for sandals? Keep your booties on, it also works.
The main keys you should keep in mind when you consider how to wear a wrap skirt during any season are:
- Color Contrast. In the case of wrap skirts, it’s better to contrast different colors. Otherwise, if you opt for a monochromatic look, you run the risk of it looking like a dress.
- Texture Mix. Combining different fabrics and textures will also add dimension to the look, even if you decide to go on monochromatic. Mixing, for instance, leather and silk or suede and cotton will make your look be more interesting.
- Silhouette And Proportion Play. You can wear a boxy shirt on top of a wrap skirt, as long as you tuck it in, so that you create a flattering silhouette. Personally, I find best if the top part is more figure-hugging.
- The best shoes to wear wear with a wrap skirt. I think heeled mules and a wrap skirt is a match made in heaven. Heeled sandals also work and are better than flat. However, you can also wear them with sneakers if you aim for a more relaxed look.
How about you? How would you wear a wrap skirt?
Hoping you are all having a happy hump day. xFollow me via Bloglovin'