Interior Design | How to Make your Bedroom Cozier
Ever wondered how to achieve one of the cozy bedrooms which you find yourself pinning over and over again on Pinterest? I’ve tried to figure the factors that make a cozy bedroom inviting and a place to relax and stop thinking about stressful everyday life:
1. Blankets, throws, quilts, pillows, and cushions. The basic accessories can add an extra dose of snugness to your bed if you think about them coming in different graphic prints and textures to create layering and contrast to the space. Thick quilts and knitted throws will boost up the comfiness besides looking very inviting.
2. Night Table. A night table doesn’t have to be a table. It can be a stool, a bench, a vintage leather suitcase, a trunk, a coffee table, and even a brick!
3. Use your vertical space. The placement of shelves on the wall behind your bed is a great way to expand your storage options. You can use it as an alternative to night tables as well and take advantage of it to place decorative elements such as posters, photos, plants, alarm clocks, and anything you need/can think of.
4. Posters and prints. Hanging graphic prints and photography posters behind your bed will liven it up and make it even more inviting. If they match the colors and prints of your cushions and throws, it’s even better, so that you keep one whole motive behind the decoration.
5. Add Lights. From standing and ceiling lamps to decorative strings of lights, there’s a great variety of options to illuminate your sleeping space and add a touch of originality.
6. Other Decor. Adding decorative elements to your wall, such as washi paper motives, moons, stars, and other stickers is a great way to create a relaxing atmosphere to your bedroom.
Vintage wooden ladders do not only look great, but they also provide an extra way to store shoes or hang towels. Same goes for baskets and other wooden elements which will add a touch of natural textures and color especially to a minimalistic room.
7. Seating or Storage Benches or Chests instead of Footboards. If your bed doesn’t have a footboard, you can always place a vintage bench, table, or chest at the end of your bed, which will not only look amazing, but will give you extra room for storage.