Wearing: Cos Coat (old but find similar here, here, and here), Everlane Pants c/o Everlane, SET Poplin Shirt c/o SET (shop similar here), Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers, Céline Sunglasses, and a Mansur Gavriel Bucket Bag
Shop The Look:
Who says sneakers are just for weekends and for the gym? I personally believe you can elevate an outfit with any kind of shoe with very few exceptions (flip flops, crocs, and you get my drift). If you’re thinking about how to wear sneakers to work, simple details and tricks can elevate your look and make it appropiate to wear to work. Below my tips:
- Impeccable tailoring is key. Pairing sneakers with an immaculately tailored suit, blazer, trousers, or coat will balance out the laid-back feel of the sneakers and make your look elegant.
- Stick to luxe fabrics. Wool, leather, cashmere, cotton, and silk will always scream a million bucks no matter how simple your outfit is. Nothing can replace nor make such an impact like the appearance of high quality materials.
- Wrinkle-free clothes are a must. Wrinkles can totally break a look and make it look shabby, so make sure to iron everything to make your outfit flawless.
- Pair your sneakers with the classic high quality basics, like a button down shirt. Nothing like the power of a crisp classic button down white shirt to make your look instantly work appropiate.
- Go monochromatic and choose neutrals. Black is for a fact the most elegant hue and so are other neutrals like white, camel, beige, or navy blue. Stick to a neutral color palette or simply go head-to-toe monochromatic.
- Accessorize wisely and wear a structured bag. Choose a couple (and not more) of minimalistic and dainty jewelry pieces and avoid excessive ones. A great gold or silver watch will also add a luxe feel to your look. But the most important part is to wear a great structured leather bag, which will totally add an elegant touch to your outfit.
Do you have any suggestions on how to wear sneakers to work? Let me know in the comments below. xFollow me via Bloglovin'