Wearing: Valentino Lace-Up Sandals (On sale! Budget versions here and here), Urban Renewal Vintage Re-Made Levi’s Denim Skirt (shop similar here, here and here), Pixie Market Off The Shoulder Top (and similar here and here), Cluse Watch c/o Cluse Watches, Elizabeth & James Ring, Céline Marta Sunglasses c/o SmartBuyGlasses, and a Saint Laurent Lulu Bag (alternative here)
Shop The Look:
Let’s face it, unless you were genetically blessed with the endless stems of a Victoria’s Secret model, you don’t have to worry about how to make your legs look longer. However, if you’re a mortal just like me, luckily, you don’t need a gym membership to achieve it. There’s nothing a few fashion tricks can’t fix.
There are combinations and details in clothing or shoes that will aid you in making your limbs appear longer (and slimmer). Here are a few:
1. Choose an ankle strap or lace-up sandal with the right details. Granted, ankle straps have a bad reputation when it comes to how to make your legs look longer, mostly due to the horizontal lines cutting your calves and drawing attention to them. However, the wraparound details just need to be to be high enough, so they won’t cut your calf at an awkward spot or make your legs look stubby.
Another detail that makes up a leg-lengthening shoe is to choose one that actually gives the illusion of height and this means that they don’t necessarily have to be heels. Take these Valentino block sandals, which are by the way super low, are the perfect example of low shoes giving illusion of height due to its back details.
2. High-waisted anything. Or at least reasonably high, nothing in the same vein as Steve Urkel. Since such skirts, pants, or shorts start at the waist, they create the illusion that your legs start at a higher point.
3. The shorter, the better. A higher hemline won’t fail in making your gams look longer. Just avoid wearing a skirt right above the knee, since these have an undeniable leg shortening effect.
4. Go monochromatic, or go home. Wearing one color from head to toe creates an uninterrupted visual line.
5. Vertical Stripes. Vertical lines guide the eye to look up and down, which has a visually lengthening effect.
How about you? Do you have any special tips on how to make your legs look longer? Let me know in the comments below.Follow me via Bloglovin'